Our commitment to you.
At Cuso International, we work hard to be fiscally responsible with your donations. 91% of our funds are spent on direct development programming, with 6% going to administration, which includes fundraising costs. This ratio compares favourably to other cost-effective international development non-profits.
EVERY $1 HAS THE POWER OF $10
Every dollar donated to Cuso International has the power of $10 – through the work of our volunteers, our partners and funders that dollar is leveraged 10 times. So, for example, your gift of $25 becomes $250 or your gift of $100 becomes $1000.
In 2017-2018, 560 Cuso International volunteers and 497 e-volunteers worked with 431 local partners in developing countries throughout Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America and Canada to reduce poverty and inequality.
Here are just a few examples of donor support in action this past year:
- Together, we have contributed to the well-being of beneficiary communities and touched the lives of more than 899,966 people;
- Engaged diaspora communities to help mobilize support for their countries of origin in the places where we work;
- In Ethiopia, Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Benin our Midwives Save Lives program trained more than 900 healthcare workers and midwives, and is saving the lives of mothers and newborns
- In Colombia, our SCOPE project (Sustainable Colombian Opportunities for Peacebuilding and Employment) has allowed 167 small business owners to hire 57 employees with formal contracts
- In Tanzania, our T-Led project is helping increase economic growth and prosperity of women and farmers, and 620 small and medium sized businesses benefited from the program this year.
We have also engaged thousands of Canadians in our work by sharing Cuso International’s mission and vision and supporting Canada’s strong role in international development.
To learn more about how your donation is helping to make sustainable change possible around the world, download our latest annual report and financial statements.