THERE ARE SO MANY REASONS
WHY YOU CAN BE A FORCE FOR CHANGE.
Volunteering is at the heart of Cuso International’s global efforts. We know that people helping people is the best way to address the development needs of our time. Be part of a the movement making a real difference. Volunteer for Cuso International.
Is Volunteering right for you?
Watch a video that outlines the qualifications we’re looking for and what you can expect as a volunteer.
As a Cuso International volunteer, you will
- Live and work abroad in Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Work side-by-side with local people and organizations.
- Share your skills, creativity and learning to achieve common goals.
- Contribute in advancing sustainable development.
- Gain unique insights into the reality of life in other countries and communities.
- Attain valuable professional experience and develop the cross-cultural understanding essential for success in a globalized world.
Types of projects include
- Mentoring and advising local entrepreneurs and working with Youth Employment Centres to help build sustainable livelihoods.
- Providing business expertise in industries such as agriculture, food processing, professional services and eco-tourism to strengthen economic growth.
- Providing natural resource management expertise for initiatives such as the Model Forests Project.
- Building the capacity of community health organizations to improve accessibility.
- Providing expertise to strengthen civil society organizations, support judicial reform and improve access to justice.
Having been involved with various non-profit organizations, my IDF experience was an irreplaceable opportunity to bridge theoretic knowledge of development with actual practice abroad. The opportunity to be immersed in a developing country and connect with others on the ground broadened my outlook and approach to problem-solving in a development setting, in ways that reading books and articles half a world away cannot. It completely challenged my thinking on international economics, policies and relationships with lessons that I will be able to apply going forward.
Cuso International volunteer placed in Guyana as Value Chains Advisor
through the Deloitte International Development Fellowship (IDF) program