Business And Digital Marketing Advisor
Location Lima, Peru
Start Date Jun - Aug 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Spanish Reading: Level 3, Writing: Level 4, Speaking: Level 4
Language Scale: http://cusointernational.org/languageratingscale
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Red de Agricultura Ecológica del Perú (Network of Organic Agriculture of Peru (RAE)) has been promoting market opportunities for agroecological producers and responsible consumers through different marketing channels, including the BIOPOINT marketplace (a brand with a purpose) and its virtual platform (www.biopoint.pe). The BIOPOINT is an online platform to buy and sell organic products in Lima. This online market promotes exchange between sellers and buyers of organic products in Lima. The goal of this platform is to facilitate and ensure the promotion of the importance of agroecology.
If you are passionate about marketing and agroecology this placement is the right placement for you! This is where your experience and skills will be crucial for the success of this project!
In collaboration with representatives of RAE, you will strengthen the BIOPOINT marketplace and promote the importance of organic products and agroecology. As a volunteer, you will be working with your local colleagues to develop and implement a social marketing plan.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Support the improvement and maintenance of the bipoint digital platform
- Develop and implement a social marketing plan to improve the presentation and marketing of agro-ecological products
- Advice suppliers and partners of RAE (including urban agroecological producers) regarding marketing criteria, possible markets, and best practices
- Support the creation of new campaigns directed to consumers
- Develop a Business Plan to guarantee the sustainability of the initiative
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Social Enterprise Development, Communications, or a related field of study.
- Website Developer
Essential Professional Background:
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in developing marketing and communications plans
- Strong writing, editing, and communications skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Creativity, sound judgment and ability to work both independently and in a team
- High-level attention to detail and evidence of a superior work ethic
About Our Partner
Red de Agricultura Ecológica del Perú
Red de Agricultura Ecológica del Perú (Network of Organic Agriculture of Peru) or RAE for its acronym in Spanish was established in 1989 and works towards the promotion and development of organic agriculture. The institutional capacity is based on the performance of its institutional and individual partners and their programs, along with their extensive experience and proven track record in the subject. The Network of Organic Agriculture consists of 16 local non-governmental organizations and 22 individual members.
RAE is a nonprofit association that identifies with organic agriculture principles. It promotes and encourages the transition of Peruvian small farmers towards competitive organic agriculture articulated into markets.
Visit their website to learn more: http://raeperu.org.pe/
Terms and Conditions
Cuso International terms and conditions allow you to lead a modest and healthy lifestyle while being effective in your placement. This support package will cover basic living expenses for one volunteer and is not intended to cover home-based expenses (ex. loans, support payments, etc.) or luxury items such as imported items in placement or international personal travel.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Depending on the nature of the placement, volunteers are encouraged to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or to Cuso International before or after their field placement. Volunteers can also request e-volunteer support to help them with their work, or any other partner-requested task while they are in placement.
Residency and Citizenship
The majority of Cuso International volunteer applicants are residing in Canada at the time of application and during the pre-departure process. Occasionally we received applications from volunteer applicants who are residing outside of Canada at the time of application. In both instances, between your application date and placement start date, we must be able to contact you and you must be able to contact us easily and promptly throughout the process.
We may require your passport and would need to be aware of your current place of residence and any travel plans you may have during this time. You will also require unrestricted access to Canada during this time for training, as applicable.
Leaving your country of residence can have significant effects on your citizenship status in that country. It is your responsibility to research the consequences of travelling to Canada during the pre-departure process if you are living outside of Canada and of leaving your country of residence for a placement with the immigration authority where you live.
By applying to this placement, you accept full responsibility for any consequences related to your citizenship, residency and immigration status or penalties as a result of travel to pre-departure training, an international placement or other Cuso International related travel.
You must check the implications that apply to you, but examples include:
- Canadian permanent residents may need to make arrangements with immigration authorities before travelling. These arrangements allow them to travel without risk to their status in Canada. Without them, residency status may be withdrawn.
- Citizens of other countries, including those visiting Canada on a visa, may have travel restrictions.