Am I Qualified?
Do you have the skills and experience to volunteer with us?
To provide our partners with the best support possible, there are some basic criteria that Cuso International volunteers must meet.
- Recognized qualification; for example, a degree.
- Minimum of two to five years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Essential interpersonal skills for working in development.
- Willing to work for a modest local salary and to live in conditions similar to those of local colleagues.
- Prepared to invest time in self-briefing and training before going to your placement.
- Willing to learn the local language (intermediate level) of where you’ll be working.
- Successful completion of an assessment day.
- Medical and police records clearance.
- Expected to raise $2000 or more in donations prior to your departure.
- Agriculture Development
- Business Management
- Communication and Marketing
- Human Resource and Organizational Development
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Project Management
- Teaching and Training
- Theatre and Arts
Cuso International volunteers work in specific areas of focus, including economic opportunity and wealth creation, sustainable resource management, access to education and health, gender equality, and governance and justice.