Young Leaders Overseas Program
Next deadline coming Fall 2018 – date TBC
Are you ready to kick start your career using your leadership skills to make an impact in people’s lives around the world?
The Cuso International Young Leaders Overseas program offers Canadian youth the chance to use their education and leadership skills to make a difference, not only in other people’s lives, but also their own.
Through Young Leaders Overseas, Cuso International will send up to 10 youth to support Cuso International partners achieve their goals.
Canadians and permanent residents between the ages of 19 and 30 who have graduated from a post-secondary institution who have demonstrated leadership skills in the school, work or community.
Supporting Cuso International’s overseas partners by working in a variety of areas including entrepreneurship, technology, youth to youth mentorship community development, communications, and research.
For 6–12 months, date TBC
Jamaica, Cameroon and Myanmar
A once in a lifetime personal and professional experience that will help you grow your career while changing lives.
Young Leaders Overseas will also receive:
- Leadership training session at the Cuso International Skills and Knowledge for Working in Development pre-departure training course, designed for you to build on your skills and reflect on what leadership will look like in your Cuso International placement
- Promotion of Young Leaders’ stories
- A certificate of completion of the Young Leaders Overseas program
- Access to an online mentorship program with Cuso International E-Volunteers prior to departure
- A Question & Answer session with a member of Cuso International’s Impact and Knowledge Management team, focusing on Sustainable Development Goals in each respective country
- An Influence lunch with Cuso International’s Director of International Volunteering: Jacques Rajotte
More about Jacques Rajotte: After a 25-year career as a lawyer, Jacques decided to dedicate himself to improving the lives of the underprivileged and most vulnerable. In 2008, he joined Ashoka, a leading international organization with a presence in 60 countries, which supports social entrepreneurs in their effort to change the world. From 2008 to 2012, he led the Ashoka “Housing for All” program in Brazil, an innovative program harnessing the power of the private and the social sectors to develop market based solutions for the poor. Subsequently, from 2013 to 2015, he was the Chief Operating and Program Officer at One Drop Foundation in Montreal. One Drop is bringing access to safe water and sanitation through a unique and innovative integrated approach that focuses on sustainability. Since 2016, Jacques is Senior Director, International Programs at Cuso International in Ottawa, a leading organization in the field of volunteer for development (V4D).