COMMUNITY SELECTOR VOLUNTEER
Cuso International is looking for volunteer Community Selectors to provide their time and expertise in the assessment process to determine candidates’ suitability to work abroad as volunteers. This is an excellent opportunity to be engaged in Cuso International’s work and contribute to reducing global poverty and inequality.
Some of the benefits include:
* Opportunity to share your input and experience and to become an influence for people that are seeking to create change in the world;
* Opportunity to meet an internationally diverse group of people at an important transition stage in their lives;
* Opportunity to meet and work with other Selectors coming from a wide range of backgrounds and to make important connections for the future;
* Opportunity to promote Cuso International’s mission to eradicate poverty through equitable and sustainable development; and
* Opportunity to develop assessment skills through experience and ongoing training.
The Assessment process
If you were a previous Cuso International volunteer, you may recall assessments are conducted using the Assessment Centre Methodology, which involves a one-on-one interview coupled with group activities over the course of a day. Potential selectors are also required to go through an assessment process so that both they and Cuso International can determine whether there is a good match between their needs. The role of community selector is a demanding one. The Assessment Methodology involves full concentration, note taking on what candidates say and do throughout the day, and an end of day discussion with 2 other selectors to determine if a candidate has demonstrated each of the 6 dimensions. We ask our selectors to commit to 6 – 8 days a year, mostly weekdays, 8 am – 6 pm with occasional, infrequent later ending times. Selectors are expected to be available to stay until final decisions are made. A schedule of upcoming assessment days is sent out well in advance and selectors choose dates based on their own availability.
Assessment days are currently held at the Cuso International office in Ottawa, at 44 Eccles Street. Occasionally assessment days are held in Vancouver, BC.
If you are interested in the Community Selector role, please send an introductory letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org