Cuso International supports the United Nations (UN) Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). These are a set of specific targets to be met by 2015.
The goals were created and agreed by 189 world leaders at the UN Millennium Summit in September 2000.
The eight MDGs to be met by 2015 are to:
- eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- achieve universal primary education
- promote gender equality and empower women
- reduce child mortality
- improve maternal health
- combat HIV and AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- ensure environmental sustainability
- develop a global partnership for development.
Read about how Cuso International supports the MDGs.
Find out more about the MDGs at www.un.org/millenniumgoals